Title: Desktop Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £25 - £27K PA
We are seeking a technically skilled, hands on and enthusiastic individual with a dedication to customer service.
- Drive high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Manage incident and service request queues to ensure SLA’s are met
- Provide hands on resolution of 1st to 2nd line software and hardware incidents where required
- Work with offshore colleagues to deliver efficient and effective service
- Fulfill service requests for varied IT equipment
- Drive compliance to internal and external processes and standards
- Initiate service improvements to the overall service
Roles and Responsibility:
- Install, troubleshoot and repair desktop/laptop issues (both hardware/ software)
- Install Standard SOE Image on Desktops and Laptops.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot standard applications (MS office, Adobe, etc.)
- Basic troubleshooting of Conference devices/ Projectors/ Meeting room facilitation.
- Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and Standard applications.
- Instruct and assist end users in the use of computer equipment, software and accessories.
- Document all support activity within the IT Incident and Change Management tracking tool.
- Ensure standard operating procedures and known error logs are kept up to date.
- Support and monitoring of critical systems and services.
- Patching and build of desktop, Laptops and mobile devices.
- Systems backup monitoring and reporting
- Traditional 2nd line break/fix incident management
- Supporting Tech bar as per business requirements
- Participate in monthly Inventory Audits
- Follow Asset Management policies and ensure CMDB records are updated accurately and consistently
- Provide first level break fix support for third party hardware and/or applications and liaise with vendor(s) to support and troubleshoot hardware and/or software.
- Participate in regular/daily data center housekeeping / maintenance checks. Escort Third Party / Vendor(s) for any works in the datacenter.
- Completing ad-hoc tasks set by the EUC Team Lead / Operations Manager(s)
- Be part of an on call Rota
- Flexibility to work out of hours to meet business requirements
- Maintaining Time sheets accurately on a daily basis
- To work 9 hour shift and/or as per business requirements