Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Munich, Germany
Salary: 40K- 50K Euro
The Desktop Support role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion,and provide end-user assistance where required.
DESKTOP SUPPORT – TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot, Windows 7, Windows 10, other OS and Microsoft Office 2013 and any other authorized desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
- Safely package equipment for branches and arrange for the transport of the Equipment
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician an advantage
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Windows 7, Windows 10 experience
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2013Office 2010 support
- Professional image and grooming
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong listening skills .
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications, this can include CCNA or any Hardware certification.