Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 PA
Apply: MS Word CV
We are seeking an Infrastructure Architect who will be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance / support of IT Operations. This position will also provide technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- Design and implement complex infrastructure solutions
- Analyze business & systems requirements to introduce new solutions
- Recommend new technologies & improvements to existing technologies
- Lead design and review of new systems
- Plan integration of new systems architecture into existing architecture, Infrastructure Architect provides technical direction and support.
- Evaluate integrated systems and identify best practices.
- Initiate service improvements to the overall service
- Responsible for complete IT infrastructure design, systems analysis, security, data center operation, network & voice communication.
- Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Drives short & long-term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
- Develops long-term strategy for historical data retention and archival plan for storage needs.
- Defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans.
- Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
- Communicate and collaborate with local IT staff as well as colleagues in other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting.
- Manages IT Risk register and contributes to the reduction of business risks from system failures and security breaches. Also helps reduce risks of project delivery.
- Completing ad-hoc tasks set by the Delivery Manager(s)
- Demonstrable experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- Demonstrable Project management / coordination experience
- Demonstrable experience designing infrastructure solutions, including; Switches, Firewalls, Storage and Server
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
Essential Technical Skills
- Certified Architect
- Certification in one of the areas below is essential and demonstrable experience in others: o Strong working knowledge of virtualization using VMware.
- Strong working knowledge of Citrix.
- Deep understanding of network principles, including; WAN connectivity, HSRP/clustering, VLANs, Routing.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems Win 2012 and Win 2016.
- Working knowledge of Storage and Backup technologies (such as Pure Storage, HPDP and Arcserve Backup tools)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Office 365
- Demonstrable Experience on Cloud technologies.
Desirable Technical Skills
- ITSM tools, specifically Service Now
- ITIL foundation
- CCNP/CCIE Certification
- Certification on Cloud technologies.
- Certification in Microsoft technologies.
- 08 am to 06 pm
- Flexibility to work out of hours to meet business requirements or support during operational outages
- Valid driving license with no more than 9 points
- Flexibility to work at both Milton Keynes offices