Senior Adjudicator - Head of Operations
Must be UK Citizen or right to work.
My client manages and operates business processes for leading global organizations. The organization custom-designs, implements and operates over 400 processes, many of them end-to-end, working as an extension of the client’s enterprise. My client has four comprehensive industry based business units focusing on different work streams.
- Ultimate responsibility for the delivery of high-quality consumer dispute resolution services to our subscribing customers
- Ensuring compliance with all contractual and regulatory SLA’s and KPI’s
- Ensuring sufficient customer service agent and adjudicator resources are available to service the needs of each scheme, and maintain short- and medium-term plans accordingly
- Oversee rolling improvement and change programmes focused on efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Manage customer complaints process ensuring all complaints are thoroughly investigated in compliance with regulatory requirements and any lessons learned are implemented
Clients & regulatory
- Serve as senior point of contact including regular face-to-face meetings throughout the UK
- Lead on quarterly analysis of each subscribing company’s dispute activity, including delivery of a detailed written report providing insight and guidance
- Act as first point of contact and engagement for potential new subscribing companies; and lead all ‘on-boarding’ of new subscribers
- Act as senior point of contact for UK regulators, including attendance at regular compliance meetings and submission of service data for scrutiny
- Provide inspirational leadership across the department, helping to ensure a motivated and committed workforce of staff ranging from trainee call handlers to senior adjudicators
- Devise, implement and coordinate delivery of training programs for line managers and frontline staff focused on increasing capabilities and maintaining excellent customer services standards
- Mentor line managers and provide leadership to the Contact Centre and Employed Adjudicator departments
- Develop and implement yearly business plan, including budget and resource projections, and business development strategy.
- Prepare and present monthly reports on business performance to the senior executive team
- Collaborate with colleagues on the preparation and presentation of tender proposals
Required skills and experience
- At least 7+ years’ experience working in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Previous experience in running a customer contact centre with large teams of 10+ FTE
- Legally qualified with regulatory and compliance experience
- Previous experience of working as an adjudicator or arbitrator in the consumer field, preferably in utilities, telecommunications and aviation
- Trained mediator
- Project management skills and ability to ensure deadlines are met with minimal supervision
- Experience with use of multiple case management systems and CRMs
- Great attention to detail, with impeccable verbal and written English skills.